- 600g canned chickpeas
- 200g soaked lupin kibble (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 15g parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 150grams feta
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp lupin crumb
- 0.5tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 4 buns
- Salad, burger sauce/chutney & sweet potato wedges (optional sides)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Roughly chop the garlic and parsley. Drain the chickpeas. Place the garlic, chickpeas, kibble, cumin, paprika and parsley in a blender. Blend until the mixture just comes together. Do not overblend as you still want to retain some texture.
- Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the egg, crumble in the feta and add the lupin crumb. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir or mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line and lightly grease a baking tray with a little bit of olive oil. Using your hands, form 4 patties out of the mixture. Pressing firmly to ensure the burgers have a consistent shape.
- Transfer the baking tray to your heated oven and cook for 30 minutes until patties are crisp and golden.
- Serve with salad and a bun, with a side of sweet potato wedges.
Inspired by Keep It Cleaner recipe.
- 1 large brown onion cut into rings
- ¾ cup lupin flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup lupin crumb
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Get two shallow bowls. In the first one combine flours, baking powder, and salt. Dredge the onion rings through the mixture and set aside. Add the beer and egg and stir together using a whisk. Dredge the onion rings in the mixture making sure it is fully coated. Set on a wire rack that is over a cookie sheet and let the excess mixture drain. In the second pie plate combine the crumbs, pepper and garlic salt. Dredge the onion rings in the breadcrumb mixture covering them fully. Shake excess off and set aside.
2. Heat the air fryer to 200 degrees and place the rings in the air fryer basket that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Do not overlap. Spray the top of the onion rings with cooking spray to help with browning. Cook for 2-4 minutes per side flipping once.
3. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.