- 2 1/2 cups lupin semolina (you can use flour if you like but semolina gives a nice texture)
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to serve
Sour cream icing
- 2 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Line 4 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine semolina, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Make a well. Add melted butter, sour cream, egg, lemon rind and juice. Mix well to combine (mixture will resemble a thick cake batter). Drop level tablespoons of mixture, 6cm apart, onto prepared trays. Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 12 minutes or until just firm to touch. Stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Sour Cream Icing: Whisk icing sugar, sour cream and lemon juice together until smooth and thick. Working quickly, spread icing onto biscuits. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Stand for 1 hour to set. Serve.