- 600g canned chickpeas
- 200g soaked lupin kibble (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 15g parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 150grams feta
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp lupin crumb
- 0.5tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 4 buns
- Salad, burger sauce/chutney & sweet potato wedges (optional sides)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Roughly chop the garlic and parsley. Drain the chickpeas. Place the garlic, chickpeas, kibble, cumin, paprika and parsley in a blender. Blend until the mixture just comes together. Do not overblend as you still want to retain some texture.
- Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the egg, crumble in the feta and add the lupin crumb. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir or mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line and lightly grease a baking tray with a little bit of olive oil. Using your hands, form 4 patties out of the mixture. Pressing firmly to ensure the burgers have a consistent shape.
- Transfer the baking tray to your heated oven and cook for 30 minutes until patties are crisp and golden.
- Serve with salad and a bun, with a side of sweet potato wedges.
Inspired by Keep It Cleaner recipe.