Prep and cook time 40 minutes
- 80g butter, chilled, chopped
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways, seeds scraped
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup Lupin Kibble
- 2 tblsp Lupins Crumb
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- double cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine 30g of the butter with the apple juice, brown sugar and vanilla bean in a medium frying pan and stir to combine. Add the apples and cover with a round of baking paper; cook, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until caramelised (10-15 min), adding more apple juice if necessary. Remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile, combine the lupins meal, coarse crumb, almond meal and allspice in a bowl. Add the remaining butter to the mix, working it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the caramel from the pan and stir to combine. Spread the almond meal mixture over the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure that the crumbs bake evenly.
4. Serve the apples with the crumbs and cream.